Sunday, March 18, 2012

Okay, Now I have to rant a bit about Gay rights and Gay Marriage!!!!

Two guys kissing at a Santorum rally, gets a boo from the crowd. Tow guys kiss on TV, the sponsors and censors tell them they can not do it. Yet when done in a comedic way, it passes. Why is it okay to do it for comedy, but not okay to do it for a dramatic scene, or out in public, when your with the one you love and your happy at the event. It is okay for a straight couple, or and I am sorry to say this but for two women it seems to be okay, but why not two men...

With all of the famous people who have come out over the years, Why is that we as a public still have a 1950's look on a Gay/ Lesbian/ Bi/ Transgender/ or questioning person.

Growing up not even 10 years old, and being called a FAG, I did not understand what that word was, so looked it up, and if you were English, and lived in England, it was a cigarette, or it was slang for Homosexual. Okay, well no one talk about shit like that back then, you would hear whispers about it, but No one ever said it out loud. Like when a family member had "Cancer" said under the breath of your Mom, or Grandmother. So I was confused, was that who I was, just because of what some kids said.

Fast Forward to the 80's, Boy George, Elton John, on down the list started to come out, and Yes by now I was starting to understand that I am gay, but yet was still feeling like there was no one else in the world like me, I must be the only one, so there must be something wrong with me, and the Fag word was being yelled at me a lot more all of the time. Was it because I like different music than every one else, what was I doing to cause this, and I better not say anything, because you'll get your ass beat because of it.

In 1987, I finally had the courage to come out, and everything was good, My sister said she always knew, and Mom said she still loved me. So score one, for being who I am, but the rest of the world would not except it.

In the 1990's, some say being gay became fashionable, Why because of shows like Will and Grace, Movies Like the Birdcage, and In and Out... All comedies about being a gay male... Boys Don't Cry, was about a Transgender Male to female, True to life story, The person ended up dead because of being who they were. Along comes at the same time Mathew Sheppard, Killed for being gay. Teen suicide is going on and most of them are gay teens. Ellen has the biggest ratings for her comedy ever, on April 7, 1997, all because she came out, Rosie comes out

2000's endless numbers of stars are coming out females keep getting jobs, and two females kissing is now not a big thing, George Michael gets caught in the mens room, Okay ha ha funny... Still very little rights to the Gay/ lesbian/ transgender/ Bi/ or Questioning community. We do start to see some states legalizing Gay rights and Gay marriage, but still a big cry for It's not Normal, It's against Gods law. Let me tell you, If it was a choice,NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE, would choose to be Gay/ Lesbian/ Bi/ Transgender/ Or questioning.

Why would you, So you can be treated like a second class citizen. No it is in our being, we are born with it, Just like the color of your skin, you are born with it, just like your sex, you are born either male or female. So why, now in the year 2012, are we still fighting over Gays right to marriage. I should be able to marry who I choose to marry. I should be able to marry the man I am in love with, and so should so many other gay people. I have the right to vote. I have to pay taxes, just like every one else. I am no different, except I am gay.

You have people out there that will poor millions and millions of dollars into a Presidential election, for the one who opposes Gay marriage. This is one of the hot buttons, once again in our elections. Yes it is a big one, because we would like to have the same right as every one else, but with everything else thats going on, Why is it the one that the republicans are all going ape shit over. Sorry Rick and Mitt, and Newt if you were on "our team" we would send you back to the other side. Rick, who can not keep facts straight. Mitt, who can not stop flip flopping like a fish out of water, and Newt, who fucks any woman except for his wife. Are the likes of who are going to decide if Gay marriage will become law.... There we have it. The gross, the bad and the one who can not keep his Dick in his pants, and I know we can get into Clinton, and so many more, but we are talking the here and now. People are also looking to President Obama, to see where he stands on this, and he is wisely keeping his mouth shut. When He is ready he will say where he stands on this issue.

I have been with my partner for over 7 years now, and I have friends that have been together for over 20, but yet we/ they are not allowed to marry. Where is the fairness in that? 

I never would have thought in my life that one state, let alone 6 states now have legalized gay marriage, and I am looking forward to a day, when it might happen in the country as a whole. We should be able to marry just like every one else, as some would say, We have a right to be just as unhappy in our relationships as a straight couple does... Believe me when I say, If My partner was willing, we would run off to New York As We speak and get married, but for now, we know we love each other, and no piece of paper can make us feel any different than we do...

Until next time, See you in my sick, twisted and fucked up little mind. Love, hugs and Kisses...

Marc


No comments:

Post a Comment