Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hello, It has been a little while since I have wrote anything, but today I was something on my mind, so here we go...


Memories, Good or bad, are a part of life. They help make you who you are, whether you use them to reflect or to teach or to stop a bad situation, They are there for a good or bad reason. 


The reason I bring this up must be, because I have way too much time on my hands to remember things. In the past few days I have had good memories and bad, but they all have made me who I am. I have NO regrets in any choices that I have made, and these memories have helped me in the past, and now to remember that I have made my choices, and have made the best choices for me, to help me be the best I can be.


Like I have said before, Regrets are the MOTHER of all FUCK UPS, But we all have them, and we all have the choice to except them, or dwell on them. 


In the past few weeks I have been doing a lot of thinking and remembering, (I know, bad combo), but I don't regret it, I have been having fun with it...


Funny how it all starts, could be from a song, a piece of clothing, a bite of some really good food, or something some one has said, but it has all been good, even the bad stuff.


Looking at my Nephew, and remembering when my niece was born, or the little girl that was out walking with her mother and Grandmother the other day, and how much she looked like Liz at that age. How much of her life I missed, but also how much I was there for. Her first word, crawling the first time, her first step, or even her standing at the fence, yelling at everyone who walked by the house "Come play with me!!!"


My mom doing every thing she could, to provide for my brother, sister and myself. My brother and all of his friends coming over and listening to music and hanging out. My sister and her friend standing up for me. Myself just being a little shit, just like all the youngest children are. Boy I could be a little shit, there you go GUY and Carol (Pix), Yes I said it... 


Starting school... How a book you read back in the library, brings back GREAT memories of a REALLY great friend, who would sit there and read right beside you. A good friend who would in art class, would draw  a picture that you really liked. A kid who was in every class that you had from day one to the end of fourth grade. How your friendships, changed from then to now. 


A movie, that happened to be playing at the DRIVE IN you use to work at. Going by a building, where you and your cousin were in a accident, the night the Detroit Tigers won the World Series in 1984, and how you use to sneek into bars and get served. The first time you got high (Not like I ever did) LOL. 


Moving from the only home, you had ever known. How you would miss your friends. How it felt the first time you went back to the old neighborhood to visit, and seeing someone else going into your old house.


Going to work at a new job, and meeting a friend from Junior high, and to find out that she was still good friends with the GREAT friend that use to read along side you in the library. Then one day, that friend comes in to see you at work, and she is has a very special bundle of joy in her arms.


Coming out of the closet, and having love and support from your family, and most of your friends. Realizing that very little has changed, except that you can now be free to be who you are, no more hidding in the shadows and making up lies. 


Meeting some of the most amazing people you have ever had the pleasure to know. Your first real relationship.


I guess I could keep going, and I am sorry if I have bored you with my memory ramblings. 


I have had an amazing time in my soon to be 45 years, I have experienced some of the most amazing people, place and things, and would not change any of it...


I have been reflecting and doing some remembering, some by choice, some by just seeing something or a song, or something that some one said. Could have been anything like when Whitney Houston passed away, and remembering my friend Shaun, to reading my friend Rhonda's Facebook posts, to cleaning out closets, to finding an Inkstop receipt, and hearing Missing person and Depeche Mode and remembering sitting in my friend Jim's Truck listening to them, and remembering my first date with Dave... I have had an amazing 45 years, and am so looking forward to what memories that I can have in the next 45, but do me one favor, if I make it to 65... PLEASE SHOOT ME... I REFUSE TO BE A CRANKY OLD MAN, Oh wait, I already am... Until next time, when you get a look at whats going on in my sick and twisted mind, and as always Love Hugs and kisses,
Marc 



1 comment: